This Handy Guide was posted on the SoW Discord recently:
DCS Warbird buying guide:
1. Buy the plane you always loved the most.
2. Get frustrated and buy the opposing plane that seems to shoot you down the most.
3. Buy the plane from the side you were originally on that now seems to be constantly shooting you down.
4. Get shot down by all planes and realize that you really just need to get back in the plane you love and learn to get the most out of it.
5. See a sale and buy all remaining WW2 planes.
Thanks to YoungGun for his insights…. for many of us, this rings all too true.